Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find the downloadsite to download REW 4.11.

My laptop has crashed, so it is removed. I need the 4.11 version, not the 5 version.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
A manual? The link goes to the main download page, which has download links for Windows, Mac and Linux versions of 4.11.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
You don't give many clues about which version you are trying to download, I'm guessing it might be the Linux jar files? I've just downloaded that and it includes 5 jar files and a readme.txt, as it should.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am trying to download the 4.11 version for windows.
If i do so i get it downloaded. But only the readme text.

May be i do something wrong but i dont get the programm.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The windows version is an exe file, wizardinstallv4.11.exe. I've just downloaded that as well, it downloaded correctly. What is in the readme file you are seeing? Maybe something you are using is blocking the exe file from being downloaded?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
So you downloaded the file, ran it, did the install, and at the end you are seeing the web page about REW? If so, that is exactly what should happen. REW has been installed and is ready to run. The web page is shown on completing the install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed it succesfully.
I went to the C-dis, then opened the map Programfiles.
There i saw it standing: install REW

I click and it start running.

Thank you for your replays.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Run it the same way you ran it on your old laptop, double click the REW icon on the desktop or go to the room eq wizard entry in the programs list. Are you perhaps running Windows 8 for the first time and suffering from not having a start menu? On Windows 8 there will also be a tile for Room EQ Wizard in the Start screen. If you are on Windows 8 or 8.1 and would like to restore a Start button go to http://classicshell.net/.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts