Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REW is outputting through 002 but does not recognize the input. The 002 appears as default audio devise on Audi/Midi setup yet the REW refuses to see it, is the REW not compatible with the 002 for some reason? I checked to make sure in system preferences that I have input from the mic via the 002, everything fine there. I'm using a Power Mag G5 DP 2.0 Ghz with 6.5 GB ram. Just yesterday I used the 002 to do some room calibration using the IK Multimedia ARC system and got the worst results I could have imagined. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
REW refuses to see it
It's not REW. Apple's Java implementation doesn't make firewire connected soundcard inputs available to Java applications, even when you have set them as the defaults in the sound preferences. I'm afraid you're out of luck - USB soundcards or internal cards for Apple only with REW...

brucek

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if I choose internal audio and somehow get the mic into the mac I can still choose the 002 output to feed my playback system no?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I'm not that familiar with Mac, but I don't believe the Power Mac is an Intel (which REW also requires).

Either way, I don't know if you'll be able to use one soundcard for input and another for output and get a good calibration file..

brucek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts