Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive played with REW in the past on 2 different machines. At some point i was able to get input working but it was intermittant sometimes worked sometimes didnt.

Now it just doesnt work no matter what input i try.

Has anyone managed to get this to work reliably with jack.

Running kx studio 12.04

not sure why it doesnt work as other non jack programs seem to be able to take input fine. I either get no signal at all or just noise depending on what device i select.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Not badmouthing Jack, it is supposedly a good program, but I have never gotten it to work successfully, and just installing it messed up and prevented other audio programs from working properly. The learning curve appears to be large and steep, and there might be compatibility issues to deal with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not badmouthing Jack, it is supposedly a good program, but I have never gotten it to work successfully, and just installing it messed up and prevented other audio programs from working properly. The learning curve appears to be large and steep, and there might be compatibility issues to deal with.
I run KX studio wich has jack setup out of the box so theres no messing around.

ive tried setting it up before kx studio and it was a pain.

Everything else works that doesnt use jack but not REW. Even smaart live will take input and thats running in WINRE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts