Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have attached a Screen Shot (Zipped Word document) of my programs on a XP Laptop.

Do i need Java Runtime as well or is this ok?

Does REW need XP Service Pack 3?

The computer doesn't get connected online.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment Java.zip

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Java 7 is a Java runtime, though some have found the REW windows installer still insists on trying to download Java. Easiest is to just try it, if the installer will not run then the zipped jar file version of REW can be used instead.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Java 7 is a Java runtime, though some have found the REW windows installer still insists on trying to download Java. Easiest is to just try it, if the installer will not run then the zipped jar file version of REW can be used instead.

Thanks John

What will happen if that Java (in the Screen Shot posted) doesn't work, REW just won't work at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the latest Java RunTime and attempted to install REW without success. I'm still getting the error message that says I need to be able to create a new Java VM. I'm running Windows 8. Any obvious reason why this might be happening?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I installed the latest Java RunTime and attempted to install REW without success. I'm still getting the error message that says I need to be able to create a new Java VM. I'm running Windows 8. Any obvious reason why this might be happening?
Can you attach a screen shot of the message?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts