Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Firstly just to say what am amazing thing REW is, cannot believe such a high quality product is given away, amazing, I am so looking forward to learning what it can do and the impact on my system, thank you John for the amazing work in making it.

I am new to REW, I think I have it setup correctly on an old Windows XP laptop as it is the only machine with a com port on it. I have a few questions.

1. Has anybody had any luck with a USB to RS232 adapter for windows 10. I tried a UGreen one and windows recognised it, but REW did not see it so was unable to communicate with TAG.

2. What setting should flow control be set to, I have baud, stop bits etc, but no mention of flow control, it appears to work set to none, but wanted to be sure, I get strange string errors with the other settings.

3. I have setup my UKIM-1 mike and seem to be able to take measurements, and REW makes suggestions for filters, my issues is communicating those filters back to the TAG, it seems to think it has worked as there is no error message, but nothing appears in the filter list on the TAG. Does anybody have any clues as what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any insights.

GF68

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Firstly just to say what am amazing thing REW is, cannot believe such a high quality product is given away, amazing, I am so looking forward to learning what it can do and the impact on my system, thank you John for the amazing work in making it.

I am new to REW, I think I have it setup correctly on an old Windows XP laptop as it is the only machine with a com port on it. I have a few questions.

1. Has anybody had any luck with a USB to RS232 adapter for windows 10. I tried a UGreen one and windows recognised it, but REW did not see it so was unable to communicate with TAG.

2. What setting should flow control be set to, I have baud, stop bits etc, but no mention of flow control, it appears to work set to none, but wanted to be sure, I get strange string errors with the other settings.

3. I have setup my UKIM-1 mike and seem to be able to take measurements, and REW makes suggestions for filters, my issues is communicating those filters back to the TAG, it seems to think it has worked as there is no error message, but nothing appears in the filter list on the TAG. Does anybody have any clues as what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any insights.

GF68
So I seem to have fixed 3! The issue is I don’t know how, it does however now actually send filters to the TAG.

still keen to use a newer pc so understanding an answer to 1 would be good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts