Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My first real post.

For my first attempts at using REW, I borrowed a friend's RadioShack SPL meter, and everything seemed to work fine. I've now started to use my newly purchased Galaxy meter. The meter itself appears to be working fine. However, when I connect it to my UCA-202 external sound card & REW, REW isn't picking up a change in the line-in signal (although I can see on the meter's display that it is working correctly).

I've tried looking at all of the connections, and the appropriate settings in REW, but to no avail. I suspect I've done something silly, but I can't see what it could be?

The CM-140 has a female 3.5mm jack, and the UCA-202 has 2x female RCA jacks for line-in. I've used a Y-adapter on the meter, and 2x RCA leads to the sound card. Is this appropriate?

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts

(i) Above is a pic taken from the CM-140 Operators Manual .

- It shows ( & indicates that you need ) a single 3.5mm, "Mono" connection .

- I'm guessing you are trying to use a "Stereo" 3.5mm adapter ( ie; 3.5mm "stereo plug" to 2 rca jacks ) .

(ii) An adapter cable similar to the following "should not" work ;( well,,, one side of it may pass signal,,,if you don't plug both jacks into the UCA202 and create a dead-short ) .

<> EarlK

ps ; You need something like this ;

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou! I knew it would be my fault!! :duh:

I've now been able to make further progress, but I've now found more pressing issues with my sound card. A completely different kettle of fish, and possibly fodder for a different thread.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts