Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it will generate the test tone thru the 002 and into my speakers, but can't see any levels coming in from my radio shack33-4050. when i try to select the input device, all i get is mac osx core audio hardware. since it seems that osx is seeing this as a generic device, which input should get the spl meter signal? anyone calibrating on a 002? any advice would be helpful. thanks.
:cl: :st:

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Have you set the DIGI002 as the default input in the Audio Midi Setup panel in Applications - Utilities? You will need to control input selection and levels from there as REW can't do this under OS X. REW operation under OS X leaves a lot to be desired, but this will improve in January with the new version.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you are using multiple external audio interfaces with your mac, then you might also need to mess around with the aggregate device (manager?) thing. I believe it is only available with Tiger though, not Panther.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. of course that was it. i was using my 002 in standalone mode for it's own eq; the mac os will not see the soundcard unless it's in standby mode. cool. i've taken some measurements and seen the graph. however, you're right: this version is somewhat buggy and i've encountered some errors. but still, it's opened my eyes to the lameness and flacidness of my room's response and has got me thinking about solutions.
cheers and merry christmas!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts