Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi John is there any possibility that you could load this into REW.

It uses Bandwidth.

Center Frequency divided by Q = Bandwidth (entry for Antimode).

e.g 500hz Q 4 Bandwidth 125

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The manual isn't very specific about what the 'bandwidth' refers to, beyond saying 'approximately the 3dB bandwidth'. Would need loopback measurements for a range of filter gains and bandwidths to try and understand what definitions they have used, but I'm not sure the time would be well spent - most people buy the Antimode for its automatic EQ features, not to manually adjust it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manual isn't very specific about what the 'bandwidth' refers to, beyond saying 'approximately the 3dB bandwidth'. Would need loopback measurements for a range of filter gains and bandwidths to try and understand what definitions they have used, but I'm not sure the time would be well spent - most people buy the Antimode for its automatic EQ features, not to manually adjust it.

Thanks John

I can contact them to see if the info is available, please list the details you need specifically and i will contact them. Please let me help with anything that will make it easier for you.

The bandwidth is Centre Frequency divided by Q = BW if that helps? Not sure of the frequency range increments though.

Yes for the bass region the Auto works very well, but above that the manual EQ is versitile.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John i believe the definitions are, center frequency is in Hz, and the BW is roughly about ~3dB (50% power band) of the effect.

Is there any more info you need?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I Think it could be adding to the dualcore.
At the dutch forum i am a member,i know 3 dualcore,s in use.all 3 users prefeer after the autosetting manual adjusting and use REW to do it.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Is there any more info you need?
Loopback measurements of filters (with the filter settings recorded in the measurement notes) at a few different settings, e.g. 1kHz centre, -6dB gain and various bandwidths then the same for -12dB gain, along with info about how many filters the unit supports, gain range and resolution, frequency range and resolution and bandwidth range and resolution.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loopback measurements of filters (with the filter settings recorded in the measurement notes) at a few different settings, e.g. 1kHz centre, -6dB gain and various bandwidths then the same for -12dB gain, along with info about how many filters the unit supports, gain range and resolution, frequency range and resolution and bandwidth range and resolution.
Thanks John

Can i do this with a USB mic?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the dutch forum i am a member,i know 3 dualcore,s in use.all 3 users prefeer after the autosetting manual adjusting and use REW to do it.
Thank you

How do you/other forum members run the Dual Core?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Is it possible yourself or other forum members could do the loop back (post 6 & 9) measurements for John?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I do not own one myself,butt a member i know very well own,s one.
I am gonna send him this topic link .
I hope he has time and want,s to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own two DC's as Morca stated, kinsman.:D

Import the frequency to your PC or Mac via the PC link option ( see manual)

Then choose import frequency response in REW without applying C weighting.
Response should show ( before or after graph).

Then adjust to preference. Exporting is not possible so adjust on the dualcore according to REW filter settings.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My mistake again,twice ......:D
This is the second time i forgot you own 2 of them :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all.

John needs the loop back so he can load the filter settings into REW, so REW matches the Dual Cores PEQ filters and BW etc.

Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an Antimode dual core and would also like to be able to have REW generate PEQ settings for it, to fine tune the results.

The dual core-

Allows 16 PEQ slots

Gain is -36DB to +12DB .. the gain db does have decimals in the 10nth spot +/-.1 .2 .3 etc.

Freq range is in solid numbers, not decimals, from 5hz to 20k

As already mentioned, it does not use Q, it has bandwidth, which I guess is the range to each side of the chosen freq? It is solid #'s from 1 to 10k

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Could use the Generic or Mindsp EQ filter and the BW quantity and then fine tune or use the RTA

You will probably find that there is isn't enough people using this to have a Dual Core EQ in REW

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is disappointing, as is the lack of response from John. The Antimode is fairly popular, and I wouldn't think it would be that hard to integrate. I would happily contribute funds to the work.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The problem being not many people have posted here.

Can you measure the AM filters via loopback?
This would help John determine

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That is disappointing, as is the lack of response from John. The Antimode is fairly popular, and I wouldn't think it would be that hard to integrate. I would happily contribute funds to the work.
I don't know how many of us use the AM2 or what the wider market is but I, for one, would like to be able to better use my AM2.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts