Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but have been reading about REW for quite a while. Are there any "professional" REW experts in my area that will actually help calibrate my room, or anyone local who can help walk me thru the process.

I am just afraid to get involved with all the equipment and mess up what I have already had calibrated. Fearful to dig myself into a large whole and not have local help to dig myself out.

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but have been reading about REW for quite a while. Are there any "professional" REW experts in my area that will actually help calibrate my room, or anyone local who can help walk me thru the process.

I am just afraid to get involved with all the equipment and mess up what I have already had calibrated. Fearful to dig myself into a large whole and not have local help to dig myself out.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi welcome

I am, no expert (leave it up to them) but a couple of questions

Did you get a professional (you say "what I have already had calibrated") to do this or you are not happy with the sound?

Please list the gear.

Do you want to learn how to calibrate or want someone to do it for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a audessey pro calibration done by a "pro" and system sounds OK but not great. Here is what I am running

JTR triple 12's across l/c/r
mk bi/di pole x4 for 7.1
2 Seaton Submersives for bass

integra 80.3 processor (avr) with outlaw 7900 amp (x7 channel)

Definitely not sounding the way it should. Spoke to Mark Seaton about dsp (qsc 30) to equalize the dual bass etc, but not an affordable option right now to have him come do it. I would like to tune system/room and use a dsp but that knowlegdge level is beyond me.

I would consider paying someone local if they were good and knew how to do it and/or would like to learn how to do it myself as well.

As I said before, I just dont want to jump in the deep end without having some sort of lifesaver

Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not familiar with any software that I could use to give a diagram of the room. Suggestions?

Still looking for HAA calibrator in area that can help with this and possibly do the eq settings on QSC DSP-30

THanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts