Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I tried out v4.11 last night and it works great, the new features are interesting even if I have no idea how to use them yet :reading:

One niggle I do have though is with the number of tabs that can be maintained at one time and/or the way in which you manage them. In short I use audyssey on my receiver and feed it with 8 positions across the listening area, I decided to replicate this in my REW sweeps and filter against the average. This exhausts the number of results that can be active in a REW session meaning that (in order to compare filtered vs unfiltered) I need to either have n instances of REW active and context switch between them quickly (i.e. akin to the way I had to compare in v3.x) or I needed to manually dump the results I didn't want and save them into a new mdat, then repeat for the other set of results and then finally merge them into one and compare.

Obviously if I wanted to do this for each listening position it would take forever and hence I will never do that. Therefore what would be nice to have is either

1) maintain results in some nested structure, for example each 'book' of results could present the average of its content as a top level view but allow you to drill into the book to look at individual results and/or pick members of books for arbitrary comparison. Obviously from a GUI perspective this is quite complex so it may not be feasible.
or
2) provide a more comprehensive way of managing the contents of an mdat file, e.g.
export tabs 1,3,5 to new file
import results 1,3,5 from some file into the current measurement set into positions 2,4,6
delete n arbitrary tabs from the current result set

I'm sure there are other ways to achieve the same goal but basically it would be nice to be able to work with larger sets of data in a convenient manner.

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent :)

one other thing that would be nice to have would be easy shortcuts like "generate waterfalls for all results" (or perhaps a config item to say "automatically generate waterfalls/a.n.other generated result)

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Something I would love to see is the ability to select a subset of the tabs and have only those graphs shown on the Measured graph. Currently the Measured graph always shows all the tabs, which means you have to keep opening and closing them to get the composite picture you want.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Currently the Measured graph always shows all the tabs, which means you have to keep opening and closing them to get the composite picture you want.
Huh? Just select and deselect the ones you want or don't want with the checkboxes?

Text Line Font Screenshot Parallel

brucek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts