Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I think my age is showing now. I have used REW very successfully in the past now I think my brain hurts. when running REW and click find peaks and assign filters should I follow the recommendations and use all of them or concentrate on the low end first? I believe I'm doing it right but who knows. It just seems that I start off with 3 or 4 filters and then it gets away from me and REW wants more and more filters. Trying to get this figured out again. my graphs are a mess afterward. lower but more jagged.:help:

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
A couple of tips.

Adjust the target line manually before you Find Peaks, so as to include the peaks you want included.

Set a range of 20Hz to 80Hz (or whatever your crossover is) in the Find Peaks range.

Always click the Optimize PK Gain & Q after you click Assign Filters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Brucek thanks it would appear that maybe I killed too many brains cells over the years at any rate it was a mistake on my part REALLY! After running setup again and going over the details the light came on and showed me the error of my ways. I had the wrong eq chosen I have the FBQ2496 and not the default DSP1124 DUH do I feel stupid now bothering all you good people with my problems. No wonder the filter setting didn't seem to work right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts