Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im looking to use REW for evaluating a stereo system in a studio. I just did a bunch of tests and ran into some problems.

First of all, target settings were set to sub woofer, so I guess that voids the tests, so no graphs psoted here!

Secondly , I ran both speakers for the test. Should I just be doing one? Or both bot one at a time? thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, I read here some say to point at the speaker, others say to point straight up from the listening position. Whats correct?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I ran both speakers for the test. Should I just be doing one? Or both bot one at a time?
You could do them one at a time, then together to check cancellations between the two. Since you won't have much leeway in your seating position at the board, the position of the monitors and room treatment can be adjusted for the smoothest response.

others say to point straight up from the listening position
We don't know what you're pointing.

brucek

·
Super Moderator
9,258 Posts
also, I read here some say to point at the speaker, others say to point straight up from the listening position. Whats correct?
What brucek said. If you're using a Behringer ECM8000 with our calibration file, the file was generated with the mic pointing up. If you're using some other mic, the orientation should likewise be the same as was calibrated for.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 14 of 14 Posts