Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out of all this for quite a while. Anyway, my UMM-6 microphone and minidsp 2x4 should arrived here today Planning on playing with everything this weekend with the wife gone. I have been experimenting with REW and am at the point of frustration. I want to learn to measure my dual subwoofer setup and see how it's interacting with my room. I think I have everything I need: A laptop with separate mic and headphone inputs, Surface Pro, Behringer 222 soundcard, Radio Shack 33-4050 SPL meter, minidsp 2x4, Dayton umm-6 mic, and 6ft TRRS male to female cable. I know that some of this is redundant like the laptop and Surface, but I mentioned it to hopefully be guided to the best option. With my gear, is there a simple guide to get me on my way to start doing subwoofer measurements? My goal is sub equalization for now and learn the rest later. My HT gear is a Yamaha 3070 receiver, 5.2.4 atmos speaker setup with Klipsch 15 inch and SVS PB-12 subs. I'd appreciate a little help , thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts
Here’s a popular one. Just keep in mind that this guide suggests positioning the mic at a 90° angle to the speaker, pointed at the ceiling, as is typical for setting up Audyssey and Dirac Live calibrations. However, REW author John Mulcahy and Herb Singleton of Cross Spectrum Labs have long recommended 0° orientation for in-room frequency response measurements of main-channel speakers, and 90° for acoustics measurements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdhq72a1puyyxpr/REW 101 HTS Current Version.pdf?dl=0

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here’s a popular one. Just keep in mind that this guide suggests positioning the mic at a 90° angle to the speaker, pointed at the ceiling, as is typical for setting up Audyssey and Dirac Live calibrations. However, REW author John Mulcahy and Herb Singleton of Cross Spectrum Labs have long recommended 0° orientation for in-room frequency response measurements of main-channel speakers, and 90° for acoustics measurements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdhq72a1puyyxpr/REW 101 HTS Current Version.pdf?dl=0

Regards,
Wayne
Many thanks Wayne.Just what I nedded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts