Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I read the REW manual and explored online, but I'm a bit confused in regards to what the "loopback timing" measurement actually does. Or maybe I'm not confused, I probably just overloaded my brain :)

Could someone please let me know if my understanding is correct?

1. Without the loopback measurement / setting, the total "time of flight (TOF)" will not be correct, but the relative (delta) times between peaks on the ETC graph WILL be correct?

2. With loopback properly performed and enabled, a simple (same) time compensation value is applied to "every peak" on the ETC graph?

3. In other words, if the "Set IR peak at T=0" feature could be enabled in addition to the loopback timing reference, the ETC graph wouldn't change at all? Of course, this would just render the whole loopback measurement pointless, which is why the "T=0" setting is greyed out if loopback is enabled?

Please help

Thank you!!

ReDRuM

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The ETC shape won't be affected by whether or not a loopback is used, the only effect on time plots like impulse response and ETC is where t=0 appears on the plot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ETC shape won't be affected by whether or not a loopback is used, the only effect on time plots like impulse response and ETC is where t=0 appears on the plot.
Thanks, as I thought, makes perfect sense. Sorry for the silly question, the internet confused me :) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts