Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I've lurked the forum from time to time as I've begun my home theater journey. More to the point...

I've been playing around with REW over the last couple of months in my free time. I've been having a few issues that I'm struggling to figure out. Most recently I've purchased a pair of JBL LSR305's for my bedroom setup. I've been using them to test out REW along with EqualizerAPO in order to try to figure out how to DSP my living room 5.1 setup. I understand the basic concepts - measuring, interpreting what REW shows me, EQing each speaker (for the most part), etc.

What I don't understand is this: I have EQed both speakers individually. For each speaker, I measure 3 times in 3 close but different locations. I then average the 3 measurements together. Then, I EQ that measurement. I export my EQ settings to a text file and import them into EqualizerAPO onto each respective speaker. If I A B test the speakers with EQ on and off I definitely hear the difference. BUT if I go into REW and take a measurement with the EQ on and off, they look exactly the same....I for the life of me can not figure out why this is.

I am using Windows 10, the latest build of REW and EAPO, and the umik 1 microphone with calibration files. I can post screenshots of my measurements or any other information if that would be helpful. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts