Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

REW newb, what am what does it look like I am doing wrong here:

I have loaded the RS meter corrections in, I have calibrated SPL meter and sound card, why do my graphs continue to look like this. They do not look like others' graphs.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Turn off the meter cal and any targets, and let's see the soundcard calibration file with a vertical scale of -3dB to +3dB and the same 2Hz-30Khz.

brucek

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
That's not a vertical scale of -3dB to +3dB, but you can certainly see how that isn't a good calibration. That's just noise.

Rerun the calibration routine for the soundcard. Be sure you have a single cable from the right line-out to right line-in, and have the proper setup levels of -12dB on both VU out and meters.

brucek

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does this look, it looks more like one of the examples in the help file.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I tried to do a measure and still the graph looks nothing like others'. Could it be something in the sound card mixer. It is an aftermarket souncars, I have: microphone(playback) /aux / analog mix(options are mic mute, aux mute) / midi synth / spdif-in / digital-in / REC(options: spdif-in, digital-in, microphone, analog mix). It also has an audio creation mode.

Would it be worthwhile to uninstall this souncard and install the motherboard sound drivers, it might simplify things?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
How does this look, it looks more like one of the examples in the help file.
No, that's no good. You have a problem.

The example below is how it should look.

soundcard calibration graph example.jpg

microphone(playback) /aux / analog mix(options are mic mute, aux mute) / midi synth / spdif-in / digital-in / REC(options: spdif-in, digital-in, microphone, analog mix). It also has an audio creation mode.
The examples below are how the Windows Recording and Playback Mixer are to be set up.

Recording Mixer
Windows MIXER Record.jpg

Playback Mixer
Windows MIXER Playback.jpg

brucek

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am running Vista 64bit not XP. I found a review you did on an external souncard and followed that but alas not go. I ended up uninstalling soundcard drivers and using the onboard sound but still struggling. I think I will go back to the aftermarket sound card and give that another try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts