Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting with REW measurements and found the "Getting Started with REW: A Step-by-Step Guide" (Rev 3.9 October 21, 2014) was an invaluable read. I did everything as mentioned till I got to page 84 where I am currently stuck.
1. The readings for speakers mentioned here have been taken as mentioned but I just cant figure out how to take measurements with just center channel speaker. How do I keep all other speakers off when taking this reading? I have a Denon X4000. UMM-6 mic and connection from laptop to AVR is a 3.5mm to RCA cable connected to AUX.
2. What should the target level be for the following measurements?
A. Front L/R Speakers only (No Audyssey)
B. Front L/R Speakers only (With Audyssey enabled)
C. Subs only (No Audyssey)
D. Subs only (With Audyssey enabled)
E. Front L/R + Subs (No Audyssey)
F. Front L/R + Subs (With Audyssey enabled)
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wayne.
But how do I measure just the centre channel? Do I physically unplug connections the other speakers? (the Front L/R, surrounds, subs) Or is there another way?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Wayne, Got the center channel readings. Another question :) How do I get readings for just the subs?
I've tried the following with the Denon setup , but still get output from the front speakers.
1.Under Speakers...Manual Setup...Speaker Config, Front...Small
2.Under Speakers...Manual Setup...Bass...Tried just LFE and LFE+Main

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Wayne :huh:
I'm posting the measurements for Front Speakers with and without Audyssey. What do they signify? Or do I need different measurements?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts