Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my DSP1124 BFD and have everything hooked up.

Test tones play fine, I can get some sort of measurement, but I do not have a midi cable long enough to have the REW communicate with the BFD. So I have to input the filters in manually.

I make one measurement, then open up the eq window to add some filters and see the expected result.

But what should I do to properly get a "remeasurement" so that I can iterate over my set of filters and have a properly updated graph?

Last time I tried, when I did the next measurement and I open the EQ settings, it doesn't know anything about the filters that are already in use to give these new results. How do I carry them through?

:hail:

·
Super Moderator
9,283 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, xboy!

Last time I tried, when I did the next measurement and I open the EQ settings, it doesn't know anything about the filters that are already in use to give these new results.
That is correct.

But what should I do to properly get a "remeasurement" so that I can iterate over my set of filters and have a properly updated graph?
Your second sweep is an "updated graph, " as it reflects the filters you added. You can compare your second measurement to the predicted response of the first by calling it back to the screen (up to nine measurements are kept in que on the left side of the screen). If comparing the second measurement to the first shows that you didn't get the desired results after the filters were added, you can tweak them further in the first window, make the changes to the BFD, and take another measurement.

Alternately, you can use the RTA feature and tweak filters in real time.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is RTA feaure?

It might be useful if the there can be predicted responses on the second sweep taking into account an existing set of filters in use. Possible?

Also, I'm not show how I can show the second sweep overlayed along the predicted result of the first measurement (when adjusting filters).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am a noobie also with REW. Can someone post a picture of there setup so I can get an idea how its setup. Laptop, spl meter and cables needed to connect to laptop and AVR. Please that would be great.

·
Registered
233 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts