Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm. I've used REW with great success a few months ago. Today, though, my system was moved into a new room and I've been unable to repeat measurements. I'm able to play music but not generate a test signal from REW. No hardware or configuration has changed since the successful measurements but I have installed Media Monkey with ASIO drivers and done the usual Vista updates. I thought that it might be the ASIO drivers so I've dis-abled these in Media Monkey (and haven't seen them in the mix application that comes iwth my Lynx L22 card). All other applications seem to generate sounds. Any ideas?

APS

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Check on the soundcard settings page that the correct card and output are selected and that the volume settings (if controlled) are correct.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have also used REW for many months without any issues at all. Today I installed and run TrueRTA and now all the measurement I get from REW are all over the place. Every measurement I take yields different results. So I did a system restore of my PC to get back to where I was before the TrueTRA and now I can take measurement and while the results look the same on the graph for each measurements I took, I cannot get the db to around 75. No matter where the volume level is on the AV processor and the volume control on the PC, it always read @104db. How can I bring the db down to 75?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
You are suppose to run the Calibrate routine after the Check Levels routine and set the internal REW SPL meter to the level at the listening position.

brucek

·
Registered
44 Posts
You are suppose to run the Calibrate routine after the Check Levels routine and set the internal REW SPL meter to the level at the listening position.

brucek
I did a check level and set the SPL @75 which is the reading I got from my Radio shack meter at my listening position.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I did a check level and set the SPL @75
That's a Check Levels routine, not a Calibrate routine.

brucek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts