Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Im runnig REW 5.0 on a mac 10.5 and a firefiace 400.

(thank to John Reekie for the guide how to run rew on a mac!!!)

whan I make a measure there is almost ever one klick noise during the sweep.???

how can I fix this? any idea about the reason???

thank you for your help!

m.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
There aren't a lot of options for 10.5, you could try V5.01 beta 20 to see if that is any better (that is the last beta version that works for versions before 10.7.3). Can also try adjusting the buffer size settings on the REW soundcard preferences.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW, I'm running REW on a new MacBook Pro with Mavericks and I'm not getting any clicks. It took some effort to get the input to be seen by REW, even though the system saw the signal, but once that was fixed, all has been well.
Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There aren't a lot of options for 10.5, you could try V5.01 beta 20 to see if that is any better (that is the last beta version that works for versions before 10.7.3). Can also try adjusting the buffer size settings on the REW soundcard preferences.
Hi John

thank you for your answer but 5.0 run better on my nb than the beta.
if I change the buffer size settings, its not better...

is the problem the soundcard or the computer?

thank you.

with kind regards

m.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

I'm still working on this problem :) now with os x 10.6...

I've seen the new REW version for 10.7 or later but I prefer to work with 10.6.....

My question is: John Reekie says in his "workaround - Room EQ Wizard on the Mac":

...There are some specific cases where this can become an issue:

When you need to run REW at 48 kHz. Most input devices will happily run at 44.1 kHz, but there are a few exceptions, such as the miniDSP UMIK.
If your soundcard aka audio interface has multiple input channels – that is, more than one stereo pair.
If your soundcard connects via FireWire.

(Note that, if none of the above apply to your situation, then you don’t need to use this workaround. In the common case where you have a USB interface that runs at 44.1 kHz and has one pair of inputs, REW will work just fine.)
does this means than an simple USB-interface like "Behringer U-Phoria UM2" would solve my problems?

another idea is to install os x josemite on an extern drive only for REW and try to run....could be the cheeper soloution as buying an new interface...but the time's running and running...:foottap:

Thank you for your help.

m.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Simple 2-in/2-out USB soundcards work for the older versions of OS X provided they support 44.1 kHz. That Behringer card only mentions 48k and 96k, so there is some risk with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts