Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I try to use REW on OS X 10.5.6 with an external USB audio interface (Digidesign Mbox). No matter what settings I choose in REW, System Preferences or Audio MIDI Setup, REW doesn't use the Mbox as an input device although it's selectable in REW's input device list. REW always uses the internal microphone of my MacBook Pro. Any ideas how to fix this? Java Preferences are set to JSE 5.0.

Thanks for your help, Markus

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JohnM, thanks but it looks like JAVA overrides the settings in Audio MIDI Setup. "Default Input" always switches back to "Built-in Microphone" when REW is started.
Has anybody ever managed to get REW running on a Mac with an external USB or Firewire audio device??

fsrenduro, you can use Digidesign hardware with any software on a Mac when the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver is installed.

Best, Markus

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What USB device did you use to test REW on OS X? I'm using 10.5.6 which is the most current OS version on a MacBook Pro (MacBookPro5,1). Digidesign's MBox is a USB device (see "http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=134&itemid=2620&langid=1")

Best, Markus

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like the problems I'm experiencing are caused by the Digidesign CoreAudio driver. Can anybody else confirm that?

Best, Markus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts