Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola everyone.

I was reading certain topics and I have a question concerning this measurement thing and stuff.

What would be the point of just analyze the SUB, FL and FR channels? :dunno:

When you use the REW, you need to use an external EQ (2 channel BFD) to adjust the correct response right? :dontknow:

What happen with the other channels? Do you need an equipment like Nexia CS (10 input 6 output) for doing all the EQ settings? :huh:

What happen whit phase response? :scratch:

Would you help me to undestand this please? :gah: :praying: :ponder:

Thanks and saludos a todos!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts

When you use the REW, you need to use an external EQ (2 channel BFD) to adjust the correct response right? :dontknow:
Any parametric EQ can be used, but REW is designed specifically for the BFD and a few other equalizers. This is extremelly helpful in that REW is programmed for the "behavior" of those equalizers' filters.

What happen with the other channels? Do you need an equipment like Nexia CS (10 input 6 output) for doing all the EQ settings? :huh:
Logically, any channels you want to equalize will require an equalizer. However, most receivers these days have fairly flexible equalization built in. REW can help you determine where to make the adjustments.

What happen whit phase response? :scratch:
Phase problems typically show up in the response chart, allowing you to compensate for that, if your system has the capability.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts