Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just bought a Blu-Ray player with analog audio outputs [amp can't decode HD audio] I need to use the direct 5.1 inputs on the AVR and set up the bass management functions in the player.
I thought the easiest way to do this and integrate the sub would be to record a CD of periodic pink noise and then use the RT analyser in REW.

Question is - whilst it is easy enough to generate pink noise in REW, how would I record it to a .wav file that I can write to a CD? :scratch:

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
how would I record it to a .wav file that I can write to a CD?
Yes, and I'll quote JohnM on this one.........

.....open the signal generator, select "Pink PN" as the signal type, set the length the same as the REW RTA FFT length and click the "Save PN to WAV File" button. That will generate a periodic pink noise sequence of 1 minute duration that you can burn to a CD or DVD. Periodic pink noise has the advantage that it contains all frequencies in a single sequence of the selected length, which means you get stable readings with far less averaging than using pink-weighted random noise. Make sure the RTA window is set to Rectangular.

brucek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts