Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using REW V5.1 with an HDMI cable going from my laptop to my Denon X6400H and a Umik 1 Mic with the unique calibration file downloaded to REW. Why do I get this message every time I open REW.
IMG_0680.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Because you should load the mic cal file only in the mic/meter preferences, but you have also loaded it in the soundcard preferences so you are getting double correction. Clear the soundcard cal file.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John thank you very much for that info. I apologize for my ignorance but I do not have a scientific background nor I am I that good with computers so my learning curve is pretty flat. Can you or someone please take a look at these pics to see if the rest of my set up is correct? My goal right now is to see how my two subs are performing in my dedicated theater room. The sweeps were done after I ran Audessey XT 32. I did a measurement between 15 and 300hz and will post that as well. If there is anything else I need to consider please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
That all looks fine, though you would be better with the frequency axis of the measurement in logarithmic mode rather than linear. Click the Freq. Axis button at the top right of the graph to change that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts