Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bother you all.

Complete REW noob, but it really looks fantastic and I'm trying to impliment it in my theater.

1st question: I'm trying to run this with a p-3 700mhz computer that has 384K ram. I think I'm ok there. Yes?

2nd question: The soundcard is an internal Creative Soundblaster Live value card model CT-4830. I think this card is ok for this application, but I've tried to calibrate the sound card and can't seem to get it to go. Is this soundcard not acceptable?

That's all for now, but unfortunately, more likely to come later.

Thanks to all and best wishes,

AIH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just another note. I've been looking this card up trying to get specs, and it appears to support full duplex operation, but is only 16 bit.

I found an old post from brucek that said he's used this program with an on 350 mhz processor, so I should be covered on the computer end.

Just questioning the soundcard.

Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
p-3 700mhz computer that has 384K ram. I think I'm ok there. Yes?
Yeah, but you're on the edge. As java and REW have gotten a bit larger, the lower end units like you're mentioning have a tougher time. The soundcard is fine though.

brucek

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your Reply Brucek.

I started messing with it last night, and I believe I got my soundcard calibrated.
It seems to be working ok. I was having problems calibrating initially, but I believe I got a liveable calibration last eveining. I hope to post it later when I get home to get your opinions.

I had problems initially with the curve swinging wildly on the upper frequency's, but looked at an old post someone had and saw you had recommended making sure the mute function was checked on the "line in" channel of the mixer. This was to be the same as disabling the record monitoring. That seemed to cure it, but I'm not completely sure yet.

REW is basically the only program I have on this machine, so I'm hoping it'll be ok dealing with this one single task.

Thanks again gentlemen for your help through this process!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts