Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I have what I hope is a very simple request..

I have a Mac Book Pro Running 10.8.5 No HDMI So I'll be using Phones to RCA..
I received my UMIK-1 from MiniDsp on Mon..
Everything I find to read, is about using Windows to run REW
Can anyone direct me to instructions that compare to the very detailed instructions for Windows.. For OSX???
Thank you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I've read every post in the Getting around the limitations of JavaSound on OS X....Thread.. And I think I have found the answer to my own question. And the answer is WINDOWS!!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hi there, well of course if you can use Windows you don't need the OSX workaround/s.

FWIW I've been using them (the workarounds, one of which I wrote) for ages now with no issues, but some people do seem to have issues that are unresolvable. I really don't know why but it's fine, please try to remember to be grateful that REW is available for free to anyone, it's an awesome tool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello:

I'm using OSX 10.9.1 + UMIK-1 + REW as well. Could you tell me just for comparison your mix of components that wok well for you on the Mac?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hi, if you're asking me I'm not sure what you mean, I think I said what I was/am using in the blog post linked from the workaround thread.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hello:

I'm using OSX 10.9.1 + UMIK-1 + REW as well. Could you tell me just for comparison your mix of components that wok well for you on the Mac?

Thanks!!

( To this Date ), there have been no ( published ) reports ( from users ) of their getting REW to successfully run ( in all aspects ) with Mavericks .

( On the other hand ) the reports ( from Mavericks users ) have all been consistently negative ( ie; REW won't run properly, even with HifiZine's LineIn/Soundflower workaround ) .

:sn:

PS ; JohnReekie checked his work-around with MAC 10.6.8 & 10.8.2 ( as stated in his Work-Around Blog )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hifizine yes I totally agree w you, John has created an awesome application.
I appreciate your efforts also. I just need to put the work in regardless of what platform I end up using. My frustration is aimed at myself more than anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gave up trying to use OSX for REW.. I have been able to make much more progress on a windows machine... Now to get my kids outside to play...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts