REW v5.01 Beta 10 Released
Beta 10 changes are as follows (uploaded 12/15/12):
- On Windows REW automatically detects the MiniDSP UMIK-1 USB mic, offers to use it for measurement and prompts to load the cal file.
If the USB mic is selected sample rate is set to the preferred value for the mic (48k), capture volume control is set to 0.1 (for no gain), the Mic/Meter settings are set to mic input, use of other channel as a timing ref is turned off and the SPL readings are calibrated for the mic sensitivity.
- Improved the waterfall controls to provide better control over appearance and frequency resolution and allow waterfalls to be used for examination of driver and cabinet resonances on full range measurements (see the Waterfall graph help in REW for details). Changes are:
- Added a control to the waterfall plot to select the number of slices, up to 100 (previously fixed at 31)
- Added controls to the waterfall and spectral decay plots to select the rise time of the left hand window
- Added frequency and time axis markings to the floor of the waterfall plot
- Added a control for the smoothing applied to waterfall and spectral decay plots
- Added a control to the waterfall and spectral decay plots to operate in "CSD" mode, with the right hand end of the window remaining fixed rather than the whole window sliding along the impulse response.
- Added a check box to show the modal frequencies for a room on a measurement, requires room dimensions to be entered via the EQ window
- Added a control to the Impulse graph to shift the impulse by a time corresponding to an entered distance
- When the impulse graph t=0 offset samples control is adjusted the time and distance offset controls update to show the equivalent values
- Disable antialiasing when scrolling graphs to provide faster response to the controls
- Disable antialiasing when adjusting waterfall x/y/z/slice sliders to provide faster response to the controls
- Changed the input type selection in Mic/Meter preferences to clarify when the C weighted SPL meter should be selected
- Added a file menu entry to export distortion data as text
- Added CEA-2010 Tone Burst to the signal generator, to measure results use the RTA with FFT Length 65536 for 44.1k or 48k, 131072 for 88.2k or 96k, Rectangular window
- For DSP-30 increased Q resolution to 0.01, max filters to 20
- SPL calibration takes into account adjustments of input volume control (if accessible, i.e. input selected in REW, Java sound driver, running Windows)
- Bug Fix: Changing ETC smoothing was still not working in locales using comma as decimal delimiter
- Bug Fix: RT60 calc could reset an applied IR filter
- Bug Fix: Square wave signal generator did not operate at sample rates above 48kHz
- Bug Fix: Phase wraps in excess phase trace were not drawn dashed
- Bug Fix: RTA one octave and half octave centre frequencies were wrong
- Bug Fix: Filter selection check boxes on EQ filters panel were partially obscured
Click here for access to the download files.
This is an announcement thread only. For help with REW, please use the REW Forum. Thanks!