Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
John,

I recently purchased a Berhringer FBQ2496 after downloading REW. I have been using a ten yr old laptop and a
vintage RS 33-2050 to explore my system. When my budget recovers, I will buy a USB sound card and a USB/midi adapter. Recently, I have noticed a Tascam US-122MKII. It is an elaborate device with USB sound card capabilities plus, midi in & out and XLR mic inputs with phantom power. Would this device replace the USB/midi interface? It would surely replace a seperate mic/phantom power device when I can buy a calibrated mic.

Also, try as I may I cannot create the test tone CD mentionned else where in this site.

Thank you for REW!!! It promises to solve most sub woofer problems.

terrydeal

My system (all home designed & built) :

a pair of three-ways, 2-5 1/2 woofers, 2 dome mids & dome tweeter arranged symetricaly around tweeters.

a pair of RS 18s in 5 cu ft boxes.

an ONKYO 555

a SoundTech A-300 amp driven by an ESP project 71, a Linkwitz Transform Circuit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since my posting on 2-1-2012I have been able to create those test tones. Just download REW and you will have a choice of white or pink noise. Go REW!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I am one of those guys that hate doing the same manual work many times and right now I am annoyed that my long post was lost because when I posted my long post it contained a link which incidentally is illegal for the first five posts here!?

Anyway, enough ranting.

Because of the same reason that I hate doing boring things many times over, I created a little utility that basically takes REW EQ Filter files and converts them into a usable preset file for some VST EQ Plugins.
The reason is that for my little music production studio I needed to correct the room acoustics for mixing purposes.
So I needed to do something like this chap:
[Room Correction with Plugin and Measurement by DozerBeatz]

The current support is ReaEQ which is a free VST Plugin and FabFilter Pro-Q which is a commercial one.

The utility is a simple Windows tool called REWEQ2EQPreset and can be found here:
https://github.com/perivar/Code/downloads

Hopefully useful for more people than I.

Cheers,
Per Ivar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Per Ivar,

Tried using your Room EQ filter converter. Followed your txt file for setup etc. Drop the filter .txt on the converter ... But nothing happens!

Ron.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strange.
If you click and drag a equaliser filter format (exported as a text file), a preset file should be created in the same directory as where you clicked and dragged the file from, but with the extension *.ffp or *.fxp dependent on what plugin you chose. You copy that file to where the plugin stores it's preset files and you should be good to go.
Try to run the app as "Administrator" if it still doesn't work. (For Win7 and Vista I think).
If you still have problems, send me the equaliser filer text file and I will try to find out what's wrong.
Cheers,
Per Ivar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Strange.
If you click and drag a equaliser filter format (exported as a text file), a preset file should be created in the same directory as where you clicked and dragged the file from, but with the extension *.ffp or *.fxp dependent on what plugin you chose. You copy that file to where the plugin stores it's preset files and you should be good to go.
Try to run the app as "Administrator" if it still doesn't work. (For Win7 and Vista I think).
If you still have problems, send me the equaliser filer text file and I will try to find out what's wrong.
Cheers,
Per Ivar
Hi Per Ivar,

Please find REW filter export as TXT
View attachment testfr.txt

Thanks,
Ron.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tried the REW EQ to VST EQ and same thing happens, where it does nothing. I tried to 'run as administrator', and when I drag the file over to the program, I get a "DO NOT" sign (circular with a line through it).

I'm running it on a Windows 7 64-bit VM. Does it need to be 32 bit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just tried the REW EQ to VST EQ and same thing happens, where it does nothing. I tried to 'run as administrator', and when I drag the file over to the program, I get a "DO NOT" sign (circular with a line through it).

I'm running it on a Windows 7 64-bit VM. Does it need to be 32 bit?

I am getting the same result with Win 8 Pro 32bit

In the same boat Ron.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not sure if this is a dead thread (certainly old), but I get a txt file, but when I try to export it to Minidsp, it wants another file format .xml.

What am I doing wrong? In advance, thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, great! I was looking to create an utility like that and you did it :)

I'm having the same problem, when dragging nothing happens.

I have opened the project in Visual Studio and there are 2 missing files: AudioVSTToolbox\CommonUtils\BinaryFile.cs and AudioVSTToolbox\CommonUtils\FXP.cs

I removed them from project to see what happens and, of course, it says they are missing. But it seems another one is missing: 'CommonUtils' namespace could not be found.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, great! I was looking to create an utility like that and you did it :)

I'm having the same problem, when dragging nothing happens.

I have opened the project in Visual Studio and there are 2 missing files: AudioVSTToolbox\CommonUtils\BinaryFile.cs and AudioVSTToolbox\CommonUtils\FXP.cs

I removed them from project to see what happens and, of course, it says they are missing. But it seems another one is missing: 'CommonUtils' namespace could not be found.
Strange, I just don't understand why this doesn't work out of the box for you guys when it works on both my PC's. So if you can find out why, it's perfect.

It seems you have already found out but you can find the project here:
https://github.com/perivar/Code/tree/master/REWEQ2EQPreset

And all the common (missing files) here:
https://github.com/perivar/AudioVSTToolbox/tree/master/CommonUtils

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New edit after more investigations.

I think I have found something (at least it works for me). Perhaps it's the REW export format (mine is 5.01 from txt file) that is different and the regex in REWEQ.cs doesn't work.

You can try in REWEQ.cs:
line 13:
private static Regex digitsAndCommasOnly = new Regex(@"[^\d.]");
line 34:
regexpPattern = @"^Filter\s+\d+:\s(\w+)\s+(\w+)\s+Fc\s+([\D\d.]+) Hz Gain\s+([\d.-]+) dB Q\s+([\d.]+)$";
It works under Windows XP but, not under Windows 8. Perhaps a problem related to OS culture (so, it could work for you) with Double.Parse() in .NET. I have sent a PM to perivar.

Maybe REW exports txt files depending on your OS culture. That's why some have "," and others have "."?

Edit (again): I have tested in another Windows 8 and it works. FYI, the problem seems to be in Double.Parse(), Double.TryParse() returns False and 0 and crash. Convert.ToDouble() same crash. The problem seems to be somewhere in .NET
In conclusion, if the regex is correct and it doesn't work, try in another installation of Windows XP/7/8

21 - 40 of 114 Posts