Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hi Tim,

REW should not have any problem addressing the IO's ( through ASIO4ALL ) of any generic 2-chnl USB soundcard ( especially at 44.1/48K sampling rates ) .

Since you are experiencing just the opposite ( consistent multiple failures on all your generic USB devices ) I'd suggest that REW/JAVA is hung-up somehow.

In REW's drop-down menu called "Preferences" choose "Delete preferences and shutdown" > this action will clear-out the cob-webs and allow REW to start anew ( this has worked wonders in the past for others with funky, inexplicable gremilins ) .

If that's not helpful then check your JAVA settings and update to the latest flavor available ( I just did and its stable with REW ).

Failing success here ( after a JAVA update ), download the REW version that bundles JAVA with it ( this has apparently worked wonders for the stability of running REW in the Mac world ).

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Earl, the Java driver works fine with REW for the USB soundcards.

I did do the delete preference, and Java update just to reset those aspects, but still get the same response - fine with Java driver, but same previously described response when attempting to use the ASIO4all driver. I'm doubting that reinstalling REW with the REW + Java package is going to change operation, so I'll leave that for now. Ta, Tim

21 - 22 of 22 Posts