Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please can someone help with REW & XP settings.

I have attached Screenshots (Word zipped below) of REW and XP sound devices etc in my laptop.

Please can someone tell me which settings that should be selected, with the drop down boxes I have included in the screenshots.

The mic is Omnimic and connected to the headphones out of the XP laptop.

If there is any other info required please post.

Thanks in advance

View attachment REW Setup.zip

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Settings look OK, have you tried it?
Thank you

Yes i have tried it, the low end seems to be lifted with the same mic position compared to the other computer (Vista.
Also sometimes there is a no input data notice box appears.

Can i use the ASIO4ALL drivers for the Omnimic?

In the Sound And Device Properties under recording should the Omnimic or Conexant AMC Audio be selected?

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Can i use the ASIO4ALL drivers for the Omnimic?
Yes

In the Sound And Device Properties under recording should the Omnimic or Conexant AMC Audio be selected?
Doesn't matter as long as you have Omnimic selected in the REW soundcard settings, but no reason not to select Omnimic since that is what you are using.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

Doesn't matter as long as you have Omnimic selected in the REW soundcard settings, but no reason not to select Omnimic since that is what you are using.

Hi John i have attached two Mdat files below.

Also attached is ASIO settings & error box.

With both Laptops measurements the mic stayed in the same position and only laptop changed.

1. Is from the other laptop (Acer Vista) using Java.
2. Is from the XP laptop using Java (that i am transferring REW too). I tried ASIO but i got dips, hesitations, spits etc.

The volume through the Acer test tone is louder than the HP XP with the same volume settings.

Biggest problem is the difference in the frequency graphs, specially the lower end.

View attachment HP Laptop.zip

View attachment Acer Laptop.zip

ASIO.JPG

No Soundcard Input Data.JPG

Thanks in advance

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
If ASIO doesn't work on the HP then best not using it.

The LF difference may be due to some output sound processing on one laptop or the other, does either laptop have SRS sound or Beats Audio or some other audio processing? If so, is it all turned off?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If ASIO doesn't work on the HP then best not using it.

The LF difference may be due to some output sound processing on one laptop or the other, does either laptop have SRS sound or Beats Audio or some other audio processing? If so, is it all turned off?

Hi John thank you.

I have attached (zip file) screen shots of the Audio of the XP laptop.

Can you see anything that might contribute to the low end?

I think Java will be the way to go.

View attachment XP Audio.zip

Thanks again

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
I would use desktop stereo speakers as the output setting rather than headphones but it shouldn't make any difference. Note that the Acer could have some processing on its output, difference could be in either.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would use desktop stereo speakers as the output setting rather than headphones but it shouldn't make any difference.
Thanks John

Changed to that, but no difference.

Note that the Acer could have some processing on its output, difference could be in either.
Had a measurement done with a outboard soundcard and it resembled the Acer.

So its the XP, any other ideas?

Thanks again

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Nope, but you could create a dummy soundcard cal file that makes the XP laptop give the same results as the Acer.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, but you could create a dummy soundcard cal file that makes the XP laptop give the same results as the Acer.

Thanks John

Just done that, couldn't find any other settings that would effect this.

Wonder if it is the quality of the soundcard, HP 10 years, Acer 6-7 years old?

The Acer uses a Realtek High Def.

Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts