Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get any sound out of REW, this makes calibration and REW's using impossible... I'm using Vista x64 + Terratec Phase 22 + latest Java- and REW-versions.

Line-in works fine with default settings (I've chosen "default device" from line-in settings). Line-out or SPDIF won't work with specified device settings/"default device" chosen.

Every other Win-application produces sound in to the right output, but REW's still silent...

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
When you examine Vistas Playback Devices Mixer, is the Soundcard selected as the default and the Levels tab showing any volume selected and not muted?

brucek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Terratec's line-in and -ouputs are selected as default devices and output hasn't been muted. It's quite weird that all other win applications uses the correct output as default...

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I note that the Terratec Phase 22 allows ASIO support. Hopefully you're not using that, Java (which REW uses) only supports WDM drivers for audio under Windows, not ASIO. So you have to ensure the card uses WDM drivers.

brucek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed that too. I think that there's no WDM drivers for this sound card, I'll try to do measurements with the integrated soundcard...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts