Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any problem using RG-6QS as sub cable? I cannot imagine one. I just ran one and have less hum pickup than a Monster sub cable. The coax is run via a different route, so that may be the difference.

The only problem I have is terminating into RCA plugs. I put Snap-N-Seal F connectors on the coax, then used F to RCA converters at each end. The strain of the cable has already pulled one of the F to RCA converters apart. I see that MCM has Snap-N-Seal RCA plugs, so I think I will order some of them.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
This is how I run all my sub wiring (since I run all wiring in walls). Works very well.

I usually use the F connector to RCA adapters - no issues.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have gotten a bad batch. I had another one separate last night with only slight movement of the cable. Oh well, I have Snap-N-Seal RCA plugs on order that will be here later this week.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The adapters I am using don't seem to have the F connector screwed onto the RCA. They appear to be press fitted - and that seems to be the problem. They are coming apart where the F joins the RCA, resulting in a broken center conductor and separation of the shell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts