Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

RG6 SNAP N SEAL compression fitting?

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  RTS100x5 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to use the SNAP N SEAL Compression fittings to make all my own RG6QS cables. I need to make 20 cables from 20ft to 100ft long.

I'm looking for a product that works well, I have never used this product before, please give me some advice.

I'm not sure I need RG6QS, I think RG6 will work just fine, its a lot of extra cost and doesn't really improve things that much. I need it for CCTV and TV

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Video IS RF...;)

RG6 will be excellent and SNS fittings (in my opinion & experience) are the best you can get. The purple SNS connectors in your pic are for QUAD SHIELD ONLY, just so you know. Quad shield is the most expensive.

Flag down a local cable guy...you can get all the cable you need for cheap. Trust me. I was a lineman for 27 + years...:eek:lddude:

#10 ·
If a cable contractor wants to provide cable I would hope that it is done legitimately and invoiced per the company's policy. It would be unusual, IME, for a cable contractor to provide this quantity of cable (400-2000 feet per the OP description) but contractors and their policy vary. Let us know what you find.

Posts have been removed from this thread that were off topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.