Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off hi everyone I am new to the forums. Been a av nut for forever thou ha. So anyway I have older pioneer cs- g303 cabinets and currently have them hooked up to a 300watt amp externally and the mids and tweeters disconnected it sounds pretty decent for my small apartment but I want more/lower bass. Would it be possible to make thee port longer to get deeper bass for movies and maybe subs with a higher xmax? thanks guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the volume is 2.21 and the im using is a older white van scam and I have the sub cables connected to the 12s instead of the box that came with it. so probably not 300watts super ghetto but I cant justify buying new stuff now since money's a bit tight. Aka girlfriend wants vacation lol. but if some pvc longs ports would be a improvement why not lol.
thanks mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats deeper than I thought. so I'm asuming a longer port wouldnt really be worth it? maybe get them down to 20?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
allright awesome ya I was wondering about the amp cuz its cheap but hey if it works and its cheap and gives me something to fiddle around with I'll be stoke. thanks for all the help mike!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm I guess we will see what happens I plan on getting a mid-low price sony Reciever around the holidays and making my own sub and then switching the pioneers back over to the left and right rears since I already have matching polk bookshelves and centers but for like 10 bucks at home depot if it doesnt work it wont be the end of the world haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts