Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Sony Shake 6D
Problem is that the AV Receiver is busted and can't be repaired by Sony, now I wanted to build a custom home theater setup 5.2 or 7.2
But I am not sure which AV receiver are their in the market which will work with those speakers as they are very high power rated. My plan is dlnet deltanet to use these existing speaker as front left/right channel and it has 2 sub-woofer already in the unit also. Please suggest a suitable AV receiver under $1000 which can power these speakers. Also please let me know what center and rear channel speaker would be fine with those Sony 6D speakers under $800 for all the remaining speakers

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
You need to find out what the impedance of the speakers is. If it’s 6- or 8-ohms, any receiver can be used with them. If it’s 4-ohms or less, it will probably require a receiver that’s out of your budget range.

Until you can address that, there’s no reason to get into speakers for the other channels.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your Need amp that can drive 4 ohm speakers , have you thought about get normal av amp (or even use the one you have if the output's still work ) and use the audio out for the right and left many pro audio amp's are cheep ( lots of pa and studio amps will drive 4 ohm) look for old RAMSA amp (part of Panasonic) for cheep but bulletproof amp !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts