Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1381 - 1400 of 1421 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Red Book CD purchased from Wal-Mart cut out bin for $5. Goosebump quality sound for the most part, Wah petal guitar solo on 25 Or 6 To 4 makes up for the lack of fidelity on this song.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
This thread is like a beach ball at an concert. I just keeps getting sent back up front.

Listening to foo fighters 'wasting light'.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Rachmaninoff - Lilacs (piano), performed by Scott Davie (Australian) on the amazing Overs piano (also Australian). CD available from ABC Music (in - you guessed it - Australia).:spend:
Wow, just wow! I must get a copy.

Currently it's Dire Straits - Love over gold

·
Registered
31 Posts
Steven Wilson-Get All You Deserve(Blu ray)amazing performance amazing 5.1 mix this is one disc that'll test your system(if you don't have it go get it as soon as you are able you won't be disappointed)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just moved my system to a smaller room and had a chance to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labour. It's been an eclectic mix. Bryan & Katie Torwalt, Guns'n'Roses, John Tesh, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Ludwig Beethoven, Natalie Grant, Natalie MacMaster, Nickleback, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Norah Jones, Phil Keaggy, Pillar, Poison, Rachael Lampa, Red, Ricky Skaggs, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Salvador, Third Day, Thousand Foot Krutch, Vince Gill...

Only listened to one complete album (Bryan & Katie), for the rest I scrolled through my iPod artist list and did some sampling. Zeppelin's "Kashmir" was, believe it or not, the least interesting thing I heard all morning. Pillar rocks hard. Listening to a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11's with a Studio Sub 12, via Onkyo 3008. This was supposed to be a 30 minute session, but 2 1/2 hrs flew by. Then I remembered that I have to get of of bed in a few hours for a 12 hr nightshift.

1381 - 1400 of 1421 Posts