Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a rigid front projection screen and am looking at the Reflection front screen from screen solutions ssidisplays ..... i saw this at infocomm a couple years ago and was really impressed

any one used or have thoughts on this screen?

Thanks!

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Never heard of them, before pjguy. I sent them a request for a free sample though. I'll let you know how it turns out when I get it. :T I am a bit skeptical of the gain being 3. If it is, it may have issues. :dontknow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please let me know what you think when you get it... I stopped by their booth at infocomm when it was in Vegas two years ago and never forgot about it and finally got around to ordering one

I'll be interested on what you think of the Gain as 3 does seem a bit high - I know most manufactures overplay their specs so I'd like to know what you think after you get it

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Not at this time. They want me to pay for shipping and the amount they're charging is rather large. :spend: I have yet to pay shipping charges for any review samples from any screen companies. :dontknow: I'll give them a call when I get finished hunting in a week or so.

What's your timeframe? Hopefully you're not in too much of a hurry. :hide:

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I haven't. I can't recall what they wanted for shipping the sample to me but it was enough to turn me off on them back then. And at the prices they charge for a screen, it's a much easier decision to go with a proven winner like the dnp Supernova than it is to go with one that's never been heard of before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think DNP and this screen are completely different. I don't think this one is an ambient-rejection screen. I think it's angular reflective and must be compared to similar screens. They say it will never hot spot, and has wide viewing angles. I asked to provide some photos but still haven't received any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts