Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Thanks!

I have not checked the max SPL as of yet. I haven't really thought about it. I will try to remember to check it sometime here in the near future.

·
Registered
42 Posts
WOW, I just went through you galleries. Very nice work on your theater. I would really like to do that to my garage. We never use it for cars.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very nice work on these sonnie. I'd love to experience your theater. Have you done any spl readings from seating location? I'm guessing with the size of your room and the amount of drivers you have you're hitting at least in the 125 range.

Now I can't let my wife see these or she will ask why we couldn't do that with our subwoofer.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Thanks again guys!

I have not done any SPL readings as of yet. I suspect 125db would be no problem though. I plan to check it at some point in time, providing my memory serves it up.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Did I mention that these subs are literally indestructible? Flawless? Effortless? Amazing? I am NOT kidding... I think my entire house would fall if I pushed these to the max... they are simply unbelievable. :unbelievable:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Yes indeed... doing a marvelous job at it.

I did take some live measurements the other day when I was piddling and it is on the money. :T

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Sonnie... I haven't been on much lately, and it seems I've missed some good stuff. The new subs are awesome, and the theatre is looking fantastic. I was also drooling a little over those Martin Logans in the back, I bet they're incredible surrounds. Really really nice work. :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I'll try to make myself more of a regular again. Changing jobs and buying a new house killed most of my free time for a long while, but I'm starting to take it back in little bits. It's nice to see things haven't changed too much around here. :)
That is good news... we like having you around... :T

i was thinking Q 18s as well
You surely will not go wrong.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Instead of sending a pm to you Sonnie I figured I would post on a old thread.

After researching some ideas with fellow HTS members for the ultimate sub I have settled on 4 Maelstroms 18's. They will be in 2 boxes slot ported 18ft³ tuned to 12hz roughly.

After reading that if I could have subs on each wall it would help the overall bass responce in regards to viewer seats. I have read your riser sub thread so many times that I was starting to think that maybe I could make a smaller version with a single 18 where you had 2. And then I would still have 2 x 18's in a box up front.

I am just trying to improve on the overall bass sound/feel for each seat with what I was going to use anyways.

The other question is you have a 5.1 system and I thought about doing a 7.1 system. My only concern was would the towers housing the 18's affect the dispersion for the Rear surround channels?

I didn't know if the towers would present a wall or ....Maybe I could just put the surround in a matching tower above the 18?

So were you have 2 18's I would have one and a surround channel above it in the same tower. Do you think this would work very well?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I do not see why it would not work, but it is really hard to know without trying it.

I would start a new thread in the Exodus forum with a link to this thread and allow some of those guys to chime in. It will be buried deep in this thread and may not get much alternate attention... and you really need more than my opinion on this. I am a person who will take risk. What I did never accounted for what might happen with the surrounds or even if it would work with the subs, but I was willing to try it. Maybe some of the other guys will have more input. :huh:

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Thanks sonnie I will start a new thread and hopefully get some where or atleast some direction.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts