Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new to DIY subs. I've had a RLP18 just sitting around for awhile, and decided to do something with it. Its almost 100% home theater, i'm still learning all the programs like winisd and have been playing around with the enclosure calculator. So I decide to make something about 13-13.5 FT3. Thinking about down firing with a 24x24x60 enclosure 1.5" mdf, I want it ported at the top so what kind of port length and diameter should I be looking at, when playing around with the calculator I put a 17" long and 8" diameter port, would that work, not looking for SPL more hard hitting low bass for movies. Going with the ED lt1300 amp. Going to use 3 0.75" 21x21in bracing with 8" holes. Is there anything I'm missing or not doing right or something I should change? Just making sure, I don't want to screw anything up, so if anyone has any options that would be great. Thanks. Oh current sub is a SVS 25-31 PCi, this shoud be a major upgrade right?

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read through some forums on DIY and I see alot of people use HPFs will I need one with the LT1300 amp? Or should I just let the driver naturally roll off? I'm still going to use the SVS for the upper bass freq to help blend with the L/R bookshelfs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts