Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put in all my information on the room and not sure what to make of all this. Does this mean my room modes are concentrated around the 40hz and every octave after?

It's a tad weird because I have a cathedral ceiling the length of the room where it's 8' walls and 12' peak so I put in 10' for the average and this is close to the measurement I took of my room 2,950cu-ft.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
I put in all my information on the room and not sure what to make of all this. Does this mean my room modes are concentrated around the 40hz and every octave after?
This will be the case for any "theoretical" room with front-to-back 14' 4" dimension, regardless of ceiling height or shape. The walls are parallel and will support those modes. A "real life" room will not have modes quite so distinctive and disruptive with furniture and objects present. The model shows what you theoretically have to work with.

The cathedral shape of the ceiling helps prevent floor-to-ceiling modes from forming. These show up as 47 Hz, 94 Hz, 141 Hz, etc, in the model, yet would be almost non-existent in your room - almost. The gently-sloping nature of the ceiling allows them a little, steeper slope would support them much less.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I can't wait to get my umik so I can confirm the response of the room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts