Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, for no particular reason, the left channel on my amp has stopped working. I've checked the speaker cable and the speaker and these are working fine. It a complete mystery and I was hoping some could enlighten me as to why this is happened.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Swap your inputs to be sure it is the amp.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Service manuals or schematics for Rotel can be very hard to come by. Since you have one channel working, however, you can trace the signals and power supplies and compare them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have very little technical knowledge when it comes to this equiptment. I wouldn't have a clue how to do what you've suggested.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would suggest calling Rotel and trying to find someone locally that has experience with their products or sending it to them for repair.

Considering its age you may want to upgrade to something newer. This was a 5.1 unit from about ten years ago IIRC.

I would at least look for an open fuse.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no way to know until one examines the unit. A blown fuse is cheap if there is nothing else wrong. On the other hand you could easily get into repairs that equal the cost of a more modern unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts