Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place locally (Northern Virginia) that sells Roxul AFB 16x48x3 12 Slabs for 40$ a pack. I will be going to purchase maybe five so i can use extra to further the dimensions from 16' to 24'. I am going to be building about 20 bass traps for my square room 11.5 x 11.5. I am going to make each trap 6' thick instead of 3. Would they be good with the just the wood frame for support? Also what thickness/dimensions of wood would i need for these 6' Roxul AFB panels? Thank you in advance

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,288 Posts
6" will work very well. Just a perimeter frame should be fine. If you want to make them 6" thick, you'll need to use at least 1x8. 1x6 is only 5.5" deep.

Bryan

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,288 Posts
That's what I would do. If you want to open it up for a little more absorption, you can also drill/route holes in the sides to make a bit more surface area exposed to sound.

Bryan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK that what i will do, im going to make about 20 because of my 11.5 x 11.5 room is said to be a headache(dimension wise)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to have to ask because they only had 16x48x3 available. Would i have to request like special order or something? Thanx for reply!

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
Where in NoVa did you find these? We need some for work to quiet a particularly noisy hydraulic pump.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts