Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with the RS disclaimer at the bottom of the web pages??

I saw them recently and now am curious to the background how/why they are there.

I did a search on "RadioShack" here and nothing came up related to the disclaimer explaining.....I could guess but prefer not to.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
It is simply to keep us and RadioShack differentiated legally... it makes everyone happy, so to speak.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... various sites show details of several RS lawsuits. Then there was a couple of threads on some other forums that talked about it. We did not make a big deal about it here, simply because we have been around for longer than RS has used "The Shack"... which goes a long way towards our URL and name being legit. Also, we are not an electronics retailer, which is what they are covered for under their trademark... we are strictly a discussion forum. We were fortunate that we did not have to fight it in court and it ended up simply being a matter of our attorney sending them a letter explaining our position. At the end of the day, all of our attorney's are happy, and that is what counts. The disclaimer is merely an extra precaution that we felt would help clarify the matter, just in case someone got confused about who/what we are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts