Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sn::boxer: at the moment i have a onkyo 5009 a old monitor audio rs6 av speaker package 5.1 rs6 fronts rslcr center rsfx rears additional rsfx back surrounds rs1 front heights and 2 rsw12 subs making it 9.2 what id like to know is the speaker package won the awards 2005 and was a group test winner as well how does it compare to the latest speaker packages 2012-2013 example monitor audio rx6 av12 or kef r100 5.1 for sound quality comparison can the rs6 av hold its own against the latest speaker package thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm using the Monitor Audio speaker package RS-6/RS-1/RS LCR/RS W-12 since 2006. I suspect the RX is even better, or at least, as good as the RS. Anyway, it looks like the RX is directly based on the design of the RS, and it would not be surprising, considering the huge success story the RS were (The RS were better than previous HT packages from Monitor Audio, which were already quite good). There is, I believe, a fairly good continuity into the Monitor Audio speaker lines, especially since the RS...

Loudspeaker technology does not move that fast, so you could go to a dealer listening to a RX setup and confirm that your RS are already very good!

However, I don't know about your Onkyo receiver sound quality, but my Monitor Audio RS setup, used with quality separates, can be very, very good already (the RS-6 are truly "audiophile grade"...)! The Onkyo is probably quite good already (but as I said, I don't know by 'how much'); perhaps (and you might want to investigate this also...) the "limiting factor" in your setup actually... is the receiver, not the loudspeakers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts