Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RSP-1068 and want to upgrade to something with new formats and room correction or EQ (I can adjust via REW).

Speakers:
Polk RTi12 Main's, CSi5 Center
In Ceiling Polk Surrounds but will be upgrading when I get a dedicated HT Room
RTi6 Rears
I have an Inifnity 12" Sub, don't remember the model.

I'm currently building a pair of Ansonicas which will likely be my mains and likely make a third for the center channel.
I'm also going to be building a set of Rick Craig/Selah Audio designed 2-ways which may become the surrounds or use the RTi12's/RTi6's I have.

AMPS:
Rotel RMB-1085 5x100w 8ohm D Class
2 x Rotel RB-1091 500w 8ohm D Class monoblocks
DIY L25D 2x250W 8ohm D Class

Source: XBMC or PS3 usually

I would like to Achieve:
Room Correction Adjustment (will also treat the room once I have a dedicated theater)
Support of DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, and maybe Dolby Atmos decoding
Switch HDMI
Retain 2-channel stereo quality of my RSP-1068
Continue to run separates

The lack of room correction does not allow newer Rotel's to meet my needs

I've looked at Marantz 7008 and 7009, Emotiva UMC-200 and XMC-1. I would prefer to keep the cost around 1000 if I could but realize I might have to spend 1500 ish for a 7009 discounted or see if I can get a used XMC-1.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Im highly recommending the Denon line, in particular the X4000 or the new X4100 depending on if your interested in a Dolby Atmos setup...

Everything your looking for and a very reliable build..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im highly recommending the Denon line, in particular the X4000 or the new X4100 depending on if your interested in a Dolby Atmos setup...

Everything your looking for and a very reliable build..
I did some reading on the X4000 and X4100 and found one locally used for 600. Have you heard one yet? From the reading I have been doing it sounds like they can be sharp in the top end and not as musical as some. I'll stop by the local shop today and listen to see how it sounds. I also found a Marantz 7008 local used for 899 but that seems step vs. an online refurb.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some reading on the X4000 and X4100 and found one locally used for 600. Have you heard one yet? From the reading I have been doing it sounds like they can be sharp in the top end and not as musical as some. I'll stop by the local shop today and listen to see how it sounds. I also found a Marantz 7008 local used for 899 but that seems step vs. an online refurb.
I listened to the Denon 4520 and Marantz 8801 with a separate AMP and an Anthem 510. The Anthem sounded far more musical. It sucks that ANTHEM doesn't support the latest codecs otherwise I would be in for an 510. I was listening on Paradigm S6 v3's.

Supposedly the x4000 for $600 is from an authorized dealer with warranty. I'm following that lead. For $600 I might just keep the rotel and use the x4000 for home theater only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts