Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just getting started with REW, and I'm newbie confused. I am running a Behringer 302USB for I/O into my laptop, and when I go into the RTA window and run the signal generator, I notice that the signal from the generator is showing up in the RTA display without the mic even turned up on the mixer. So I assume that the generator is feeding directly to the RTA...now when I turn the mic up, it is displayed as well, simultaneously. I must have something misconfigured, but I'lll be darned if I can find it. Is this the way it's supposed to run, and if so, how can the RTA function if it's analyzing a mic signal (post eq) at the same time as the un-equalized signal generator feed?
Thanks for your patience...I've been trying to solve this on my own for 5 hours now, and I need some direction. :help:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
RE; ( the usability of the 302USB with REW ).

- A search of older threads ( always advised ) shows the 302USB is only useful on the input side ( of REW ) .

- You'll need to (re)route REW's output signals through your computers builtin soundcard .

Paul Spencer said:
Re: Xenyx 302USB work with REW?

I bought it then took it back. I had it in mind for a laptop as a mobile measurement system but it only does half of the job. It supplies phantom power to the mic and sends the mic output into the PC, works with Windows 7 no problem. However, it won't handle the PC measurement signal output via USB, so I was back to using the inbuilt laptop sound card, which wasn't up to the task. I took it back, then picked up UCA202 for a third of the price on ebay. Works fine with my existing analogue mixer (502). Would have been nice for this to do the job. With a PC system where the inbuilt soundcard is fine, 302 USB would be fine. If you want to run it as a duplex external sound card interfacing via USB and taking care of inputs and outputs simultaneously, keep looking.
Read more:

:sn:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer. I searched but I somehow overlooked this thread. So now, if I can re-route the REW output signals through the laptop earphone outputs, will I face latency issues? Yikes.
But thanks for pointing me in the right direction.:gulp:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Bummer. I searched but I somehow overlooked this thread. So now, if I can re-route the REW output signals through the laptop earphone outputs, will I face latency issues? Yikes.
But thanks for pointing me in the right direction.:gulp:
You won't face any extra latency issues ( that wouldn't normally be faced ) when using a single soundcard ( for both input & output / which is the preferred arrangement anyways since that avoids "clocking" issues ) .

:sn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts