Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post my experience with building the Rythmik 15 in servo sub. My requirements were for a sub to be used for 50% music and 50% home theater in a 2800 cu ft room. This is my first sub as I have always had full range speakers at least down to 40 hz but wanted to see what a good sub would do for lowest frequencies. I choose the 15 in with the Rythmik PEQ servo amp. Built the enclosure as a sealed 3.2 cuft. out of 0.75 MDF. First I was concerned if and how the sub would integrate with my Zaph TMM waveguide main speakers, they work very well together. I crossover the sub at 40hz and ran the Zaph full range. The sub has added a sonic dimension that I didn't know I was missing It works very well for music only making itself known when the frequencies are there and enhances the home theater experience as I only run mains with and the sub. Highly recommended for a quality sub with minimal effort.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds good. Welcome to the shack. Have you tried other crossover settings like 60 or 80hz? That sub should be able to do more work for you and may be better then your mains at those freq's. I would love to see a pic of your build also if you have some.:T

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have tried different xover settings and the 40 hz seems to work best with the Zaph Tmm.
I also have run the sub with a pair of NHT M60's of which I crossed them over at 80hz for best results on both the sub and NHT. The Zaph TMM does not have a problem of SPL at 40hz and it seem to integrate better at 40 than 60 or 80hz.

su012.JPG

SUB0015.JPG

SUB0016.JPG

SUB20.JPG

SUB21.JPG

SUB22.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I had posted a reply about the amp but maybe it did not get posted so will repeat. The amp shown in the picture is not for the sub but powers the Zaph TMM. The sub amp is mounted on the other side of the sub and I was to lazy to drag the 60 to 70lb sub out of the corner for a picture. The amp is from Rythmik audio and is a servo amp that interfaces with the 15in driver which has a method for feed back to the amp for control. For more information on the sub go to rythmikaudio online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts