Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I am just about ready to make sawdust on this sub kit. I have my plans for my cabinet, but I am only guessing at the volume of the installed woofer and the sub amp. Does anyone have any info that is better than a guess? I don't want to make this cabinet the wrong size. Thanks for your help.:wave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I mean is...I want to finish the cabinet at exactly 4 cubic feet. I can plan for the displacement of the braces, but right now I am only guessing on the displacement of the driver and amp. I will have to build a cabinet that is 4.something cubic feet. Anyone? Anyone? Buhler???

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have the numbers for you but I would bet that Brian @ Rythmik will help you out if you shoot him an e-mail, or maybe he will see the thread. What I would do is take the plans off the Rythmik site and increase your dimensions to get from his box volume to 4 cubic feet. This should work because his box volume should take into account his driver and amp.

I built my Rythmik 15 about 6 months ago and have been loving it, be prepared to be flat down to 10 hz...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm guessing you might have already completed this project, but if not, I've put together a plan and cut sheet for a front-firing 4cu ft enclosure to fit the Rythmik DS1501 which you can download here.

I've got the thumbs up from Brian and Enrico from Rythmik via email on this plan, but I don't start cutting wood until this weekend, so it might be horribly flawed but it looks pretty straightforward. I'll post pics here once I get the driver mailed and some sawdust generated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts