Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me out. Read alot of these forum discussions and wanted to see if I can pinpoint which board I need to get, digital or analog or dmd. I get the green on most everything except in the PIP or when I am playing a DVD. The pic is clear then. Also, have the green screen when no cables are attached to tv. Don't have a HDMI cable so I can't check with laptop. Menus come up fine. I did the test with mute, 8,1,2, and power and ran test on both. Nothing came back as error. I just have the green checkerboard pattern on those inputs. I finally gave in and bought a plasma but still have this one in the basement collecting dust. I would like to try to fix this one since it cost me alot. I have read about the company reflowing the board and was not exactly sure if my problems are the same. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Probably a digital board, but that is just a somewhat educated guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what I am hoping it is, icaillo. i am going to try to send it to the ebay guy in the next month when i can get to basement and take out the dig board. for the price, i can deal with it. My question is do i have to save anything to anything? I read in some of the discussions about saving settings. I only plan on taking the board out and having him reflow or reball it. I will definitely take pics before i take it out so i have an idea on how to put back.
thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Some models have the option to save the data to the eeprom on the DMD and retrieve it. I do not know what data is saved and which is not, but I presume it is mostly CCA and gray scale data.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts