Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some research and I think I have a bad VGA input board. I have lost all of the inputs except the HDMI and PC. I have replaced the lamp, and colorwheel in the past year. Sound, menus, everything else works great. I do have an issue with the picture freezing when I first start it up, but if I power off and back on, it seems to work fine on the working inputs. The led on the power button shown the red standby/temp anytime the set is off, otherwise it functions normally. I do not think it is the dreaded DMD board or I would have no picture at all, right? Now the question: I have removed the entire assembly and I am not sure exactly which board/ part# is the one I need. Can anyone give me a hint? Also, where is the best place to buy?
Thanks for any help, I look forward to participating on these forums.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I don't know what you mean by VGA board. There is an analog board and a digital board. I suppose you mean the analog board. I would have to review the diagrams but my guess would be more likely a digital board if you don't have tuner signals. IIRC the tuner was not on the analog bd but on the digital. Regardless, you need to do some research before jumping to conclusions. If you are going to change boards be sure that you verify that right part number for your model, using all of the suffixes and order only from Samsung or an authorized distributor like Vance Baldwin (now Encompass).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have the DLP samsung HLR4667WAX/XAA tv.. I just replace the lightbulb and plug the power back, the tv made chime noise then turned on itself and i see the channel info on the top-left screen and about 5 seconds later it shuts off then chime again and turns on and it cycle over and over.

I have read up on one of the forum where someone post a link to it. I have taken apart the tv and got to the digital board(where HDMI and VGA ports board) I'm about to do the nuts and bolts MOD.

Now I notice the button torward the rear where 3 large pluggins in the back(Opposite side from VGA/HDMI ports)... I didnt wanna press it, cuz I dont know what it is...I wonder if that the reset switch....or could be the factory service switch. I dunno anyone know about this?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would not assume that you have a digital board problem.

First, post your problem in a new thread and not in one for someone else's problem. Second, please be complete in describing your issues. Is your symptom new after changing the lamp? If so, why would you be looking for other sources of the problem? If not, do you see any video? Do any inputs behave differently? Any sound? Not every problem with a particular model has the same cause. Much more detail is needed before others can help you effectively.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you mix up your problems with others, you are less likely to get effective advice. New problems, new topics...start a new thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts